gnokii --smsreader dying with a segfault

From: Patrick J Okui
Subject: gnokii --smsreader dying with a segfault
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:34:21 +0000 (GMT)

Any ideas on what may fix this?

rmikisa:~ # gnokii --smsreader

GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 is stale. Overriding it..
SMS received from number: 25677671743
Got message 1: CONGRATS. Your phone has been installed with a new puzzle
game. To play, just throw your  phone against the wall and arrange the
pieces back. It's fun!Try it!
Segmentation fault

rmikisa:~ # gnokii --version

GNOKII Version 0.4.3
Copyright (C) Hugh Blemings <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Jank ml. <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Machek <address@hidden>, 2001
Copyright (C) Pawe Kot <address@hidden>, 2001-2002
Copyright (C) BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden>, 2002
gnokii is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for gnokii.  See GPL for details.
Built 13:42:34 Apr 14 2003 for 5110 on /dev/ttyS0

rmikisa:~ #

--
ps, the goal of all this is to have an app that will poll the phone for
smses and then pass this to other scripts for futher procesing.

>From the archives, The way to do this is use smsreader (couldn't find
any smsd in gnokii.c) . Yes, I need to delete the message once it's
read. Any other options as to how I could achieve this?

 --
patrick