Re: Bluetooth and 6310

From: Marcel Holtmann
Subject: Re: Bluetooth and 6310
Date: 17 Apr 2003 16:39:30 +0200

Hi Pawel,

> Please, be more specific. When exactly we should wait for 2 seconds?
> After doing what?

        fd = open(...);

        write(fd, ...);
        read(fd, ...);

        sleep(2);

        close(fd);

> Is there no possibility for other phones to use other channel then 1?

You can use other channels for AT commands, but they are all the same.
In mostly all Bluetooth phones the DUN profile sits on channel 1. But it
also not matters if it is the SPP or Fax profile. For AT connections you
can also use the "/dev/rfcomm0" for "port" and bind the RFCOMM device to
what ever you want.

I only propose this modification to make the config file a little bit
easier for the Bluetooth use case, because the used channels are known.
Your problem with data.h will be gone and you have only one point for
the phone "address" and it doesn't matter if it is a device file or a
Bluetooth address, because the transport layer will do the conversion.

Regards

Marcel