6210, gnokii 0.5.1 and getsms

From: Neil
Subject: 6210, gnokii 0.5.1 and getsms
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:36:08 +0200

Greetings

I've just started using gnokii and I need a little help....

When I try to the getsms command I keep getting an error message:

# gnokii --getsms IN 1
GNOKII Version 0.5.1
GetSMS IN 1 failed! (Invalid type of memory.)
See the gnokii manual page for the supported memory types with the phone
you use.

The same error occurs if I try OU for the memory type.

Currently there are 11 messages in my Inbox and 10 messages in the Outbox.

When I use xgnokii I can see the messages in my Inbox and Outbox.

I have a nokia 6210 connected via a DLR3P cable,
I'm using an rpm binary of gnokii 0.5.1 built using
rpmbuild -ta gnokii-0.5.1.tar.gz

What am I doing wrong?

Neil