Re: Best phone for use with gnokii?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Best phone for use with gnokii?
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:27:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Nigel Jewell wrote:

>  > I am about to buy a phone from ebay to use totally with gnokii.
>
>  > I need to be able to do the following:
>
>  > Send SMS
>  > Receive SMS
>  > Get numbers of missed calls (or just know that there is one)
>
>  > Which phone or family of phones has the best support within gnokii at
> the moment to do this?
>
>  > Sorry if this is a stupid question, but the answer isn't obvious from
> the documentation.
>
>  > It would be useful to know if there are answerphone messages if possible.
>
> No replies?
>
> Oh - go on - please - somebody comment ... I don't want to land a phone
> that isn't current supported well enough to do these things.

Well, this is kinda hard question. The best support is in nk6100 and
nk7110 drivers. See phones list inside the files to see the full list.

Maybe the situation will change in the future. nk6510 is not that far.
Hopefully we'll upgrade AT driver as well.

The answer also depends on what you would like to do with the phone. I
don't belive that gnokii support is the only criterium ;-)

pkot