Re: 6310i + gnokii + irda

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: 6310i + gnokii + irda
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:52:30 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 11:32:13AM +0200, Bohdan Linda wrote:
> >   cat 115200 > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate

Uhmm. I mean echo ... :-)

> Bingo! Why? minicom work, even gnokii --identify. Can you please give me
> some explanation?

I just added the following text to gnokii-IrDA-linux:

- If you are absolutly sure you set up everything fine, you are using a
  FIR driver, your phone can be seen in the discovery log but you are not
  able to use either minicom or gnokii it can be a speed negotiation
  problem between your IrDA stack and your phone. Probably the reason is
  that the FIR driver and your phone support faster communication than
  115200 baud and they manage to negotiate a speed which one of the parties
  cannot handle correctly. Try to limit the negotiated speed to 115200 baud:

  echo 115200 > /proc/sys/net/irda/max_baud_rate

Bye,
Bozo