Re: Models supported and X

From: Stephen Baillie
Subject: Re: Models supported and X
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:31:12 +1000

I wrote:

> It also seems that there is a lot of GUI stuff in gnokii.  All I want
> to do is have SMS connectivity to some servers on a box that doesn't
> have X installed.  Do I need X to use the SMS functionality of gnokii?

I checked out the latest source from CVS, and attempted to follow the
compilation instructions.  Sadly, the very first command (gettextize)
failed with "command not found".  I don't seem to have aclocal,
autoheader or autoconf either.  Are these all, as they seem, parts of gtk?

How does one go about compiling gnokii without X/gtk?  I'm running SuSE
7.2 - 2.4.4.

Thanks,

Steve.