gnokii-0.5.5 make fails OS X 10.3

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: gnokii-0.5.5 make fails OS X 10.3
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:30:18 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to make gnokii on a new OS X 10.3 and I'm getting the following error:

ranlib libgnokii.a
make -C gnokii
gcc -g -O2 -I../include -I/usr/local/include -INONE -c -o gnokii.o gnokii.c
gcc  gnokii.o  -L../common -lgnokii -o gnokii
ld: Undefined symbols:
_libiconv
_libiconv_close
_libiconv_open
make[1]: *** [gnokii] Error 1
make: *** [gnokii] Error 2

I did a bit of digging around, saw a similar problem on this list which suggested installing libiconv-1.7, which I have done, and also gettext which creates some useful (?) header files.

I'm all out of steam now, anyone have a suggestion?

cheers
Tobie