Re: (no subject)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:38:37 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:24:20AM -0600, Chad Phillips wrote:
> I have a Nokia 6800.  It is not one of the supported phones, but does
> accept AT commands.  I was wondering if gnokii does/will support
> downloading midlets and images to this phone?

You have to test it yourself. Maybe gnokii isn't able to download
midlets, but there's a good chance its protocol is similar to nk6510.
If it's the same, you can read or send sms, manage phonebook, etc.
If you're interested, you can look into the Docs/FAQ and see what
you have to do to test it.

> If not, does anyone know of
> any alternative programs?  I am running linux on my laptop so I can't use
> the standard windows only Nokia software.

You can look into OpenOBEX, maybe this link helps:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3253262&forum_id=9713

Bye,
Bozo