RE: Gammu under LGPL for some people

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: RE: Gammu under LGPL for some people
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:03:58 +0100

Hi,

> > During few days I want to release new 0.9 version of Gammu. It will
> > have new license - GPL for "normal" people, LGPL for sponsors.
> Didn't know this was possible, but good luck to you

Why not possible ? Gammu is not based directly on Gnokii and source is written
from stratch. I have agreements from main developers now and can do it.

> Aside from the fact that he would like us to do his
> code-auditing, how are we supposed to do that even if we were
> so inclined. The 0.9 version is not yet publicly available

OK. The idea was, that all people connected with Gnokii should look into current
Gammu version (0.89) and in the moment, when will see own GNU GPL source inside,
should speak with me, because the same source CAN BE in 0.90 with dual license.

> of yet have not contributed any substantial code), but I
> would like to know how this would effect gnokii and access to
> any code incorporated in gnokkii that was taken from gammu (if any).

I will probably allow to use my old source (available somehow in Gnokii) under
GPL like now and nothing change here. My decision will be based on reaction
(reaction from Gnokii people side of course) on changing Gammu license to LGPL.

PS. Please forward it to Gnokii list. I'm unsubscribed from it now.

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (address@hidden www.mwiacek.com)