Re: smsd / T68 : GN_ERR_NOTIMPLEMENTED in lowlevel.c

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd / T68 : GN_ERR_NOTIMPLEMENTED in lowlevel.c
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:58:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Todd Pinkerton wrote:

> ./smsd -m mysql -u root -c localhost -d sms
>
> (5-second pause)
>
> GN_OP_GetSMSStatus at line 423 in file lowlevel.c returns error 5
> GN_OP_GetSMSStatus at line 423 in file lowlevel.c returns error 5
> GN_OP_GetSMSStatus at line 423 in file lowlevel.c returns error 5

> I see that error 5 is enumerated as GN_ERR_NOTIMPLEMENTED in
> include/gnokii/error.h , but I have no idea where to go from here.  Any
> advice?

The idea how smsd currently works is that it first checks if SMSStatus in
phone was chaged. If yes it download new sms's from phone. But some phone
drivers don't have implemented function for checking SMSStatus. This seem to
be your case. I think that as workaround you can disable SMSStatus checking
in smsd source code and always try to download new sms from phone. But I
don't know if phone will like frequent downloading. Maybe downloading from
empty folder is as quick as checking for SMSStatus and SMSStatus is then
completly unnecessary, I don't know. If you try this let me know.

Of course there is a better way to do it. The Siemens M35 terminal (and
maybe other phones) is capable to inform software when new sms arrived.
But this is not implemented in AT driver now. I have in personal TODO to do
it but I'm very short with time so if somebody hack AT driver in this way I
will be happy. :)

                                jan