Re: Export addressbook problem with l atest CVS

From: Bostjan Muller
Subject: Re: Export addressbook problem with l atest CVS
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:02:17 +0200 (CEST)

Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Bostjan Muller wrote:
>
>> Another problem just occured, I was having problems adding single
>> entries
>> to the phonebook (vcard/raw format). So I made a backup of the whole
>
> Did you do the backup with the current CVS? If so the backup will be
> probably broken with the error you mentioned above. Gnokii reads line by
> line, so when it matches the end of the line, it assumes end of the
> record. Just remove these characters and everything should be fine.

Yes I thought of that too, so I fixed the raw output manually.

I still cannot import anything to the phone... here is the output again
using nokia 6210 and 7110 driver:
gnokii --writephonebook <nokia6210_latest_fixed.raw
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Error (Invalid type of memory.)

ok invalid type of memory, let's define the memory (man page says ME is
internal phone memory)
gnokii --writephonebook -m ME <nokia6210_latest_fixed.raw
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Error (Invalid type of memory.)

Now let's try the fixed VCARD version file:
gnokii --writephonebook -v <nokia6210_latest_fixed.vcf
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Error (Invalid type of memory.)

and with ME

gnokii --writephonebook -m ME -v <nokia6210_latest_fixed.vcf
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Error (Invalid type of memory.)

I don't know what is the problem, but it does not seem to work :/

I even tried xgnokii and added a new contact in the phone, but when I
tried to send to phone I got this error:
xgnokii_contacts.c: line: 2188: Can't write ME memory entry number 1!
Error: 1
Event 3 failed with return code 1!

Any ideas why?

Regards/Lep pozdrav