3589i

From: bgeer
Subject: 3589i
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:56:09 -0600

I use a Nokia 3589i, the VerizonWireless in USA version of the 358x
family.

I guess that makes it CDMA?

I purchased a Nokia DKU-5 cable & successfully downloaded contacts to
the phone using PC Suite 5.05.  But I don't like using Windows.

I downloaded & compiled gnokii on Slackware 9.1 upgraded with kernel
2.4.25.  The DKU-5 is recognized by usb system.  I created a .gnokiirc
from the example specifying "port = /dev/ttyUSB0".

My first attempts resulted in "...unsupported model...", then timeouts
when specifying "model = 3110" & other supported models.

I don't know what to try next.  Much obliged for suggestions.

Cheers, Bob

<>  Robert Geer & Donna Tomky  |  address@hidden       <>
<>  1327 Camino Ecuestre NW    |  address@hidden      <>
<>  Albuquerque, NM 87107      |  www.xmission.com/~bgeer  <>