Re: Unable to upload operator logo to n6210

From: Bostjan Muller
Subject: Re: Unable to upload operator logo to n6210
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:18:58 +0200

On nedelja 20. junija 2004 18:57, Pawel Kot Pawel Kot <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> > Pawel Kot wrote:
> > >
> > > Does the sample gnokii logo work for you?
> >
> > No, I get the same error as before.
>
> I just tried it with my Nokia 6210. Logo is saved and displayed on the
> phone.
>
> pkot

What command did you use? Did you use cable or IR?
I use IR and it seems to fail each and every time.
This is the command I used:
gnokii --setlogo op /usr/share/doc/gnokii/Docs/gnokii.nol "293 40"
(where 293 40 should be the SIMOBIL (Slovenia) mobile operater network code)

When I tried it without setting the operator code I get an interesting message
from debug:
eceived message type 0a
Operator 293 40
Op logo received ok
Logo (21x78)
Setting op logo...
Message sent: 0x0a / 0x00df
and than the hex stuff...
and then it says:
Message received: 0x0a / 0x0006
01 17 00 a5 73 ff                               |    Ľs˙
Received message type 0a
Op Logo Set failed
Error: Command failed.
Serial device: closing device

How come the logo is uploaded but not set??

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller
--
[*]   Bostjan Müller | address@hidden | http://n.neonatus.net/    [*]