calender meeting duration?

From: Reed, Martin J
Subject: calender meeting duration?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:56:33 +0100

Hi,

I would like to keep my diary (emacs!) in sync with a Nokia 6310i Calendar.
Having the basic tools working (a link to someone else's post on emacs -> vcal
and working bluetooth via gnokii) I can see only one real problem: the meeting
format from the Nokia phone only seems to support DTSTART and not DTEND. If I
send a vcal entry to the phone (gnokii --writecalendarnote..) such as:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
DTSTART:20040929T090000
DTEND:20040929T110000
SUMMARY: test meeting
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Then the day note gets inserted as a meeting but both start and end time are
from the DTSTART field. Conversely if I extract a meeting created on the phone
with a start and end time only the DSTART field is visible from gnokii. Having
a quick look through the gnokii source code there does not seem to be any
mention of DTEND. Is this not supported by the phone or is it something missing
from gnokii?

I am using a 6310i with V5.22 firmware and gnokii 0.6.3 on a Gentoo linux
system with bluetooth connectivity to the phone.

Thanks,

Martin