Re: Nokia 5140

From: Birger Wathne
Subject: Re: Nokia 5140
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:28 +0100

Pawel Kot wrote:

http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml#newphone the last chapter.

How could I have missed that? Thanks for the pointer. I tried adding it as a 6150, since the 6230 is there. They are both listed as Series 40 Platform 2.0 phones in the matrix from Nokia, so I hoped they would be similar.

Some things work, some don't.

I connected using ir from a laptop running fedora core 1.

Then I started xgnokii and tried editing a few phone list entries, and saved back to phone. Seemed to work. Fetching SMS listed my folders but no messages. Getting my calendar looped at entry 20 of 25. I then tried picking up my phone and it immediately rebooted. And that is now the only thing it does. Reboots a few times and then shuts off. :-(

So... Next question... Is there any reset option on these phones?
I can enter my pin code and have it accepted. Sometimes it barely manages to show my background picture. Sometimes I can type in digits before the background image appears. Any hope?

--
birger