Battery levels on Nokia 3310

From: martin . dibble
Subject: Battery levels on Nokia 3310
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:11:58 -0000

I have been setting up a nokia 3310 under Fedora Core 2 using Gnokki
version 0.6.4. Most things seem to be working fine. I can talk to the
phone, send and receive sms messages, check the phone book etc
etc. There are two things now that I need to achieve. the first is
checking the phone status, a lot of which can be done using gnokii --
monitor, however for the 3310 that isn't telling me the battery status.
reading previous messages it suggested this was the way to achieve it
for other phone models. Is it something which doesn't work on the
3310 or am I missing something obvious here?

The other thing I'ld like is to set up a daemon style process to accept
sms messages (along the lines of gnokii --smsreader) but without
locking up the port so that I can still send sms messages. One thought
on this is that I can cron a shell script including gnokii --getsms. If
anyone has done stuff like this already I would appreciate any
examples or ideas.

thanks,

-Martin

The content of this email and any attachments is confidential,and is intended
only for the addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, distribute, disclose or
copy the contents.
If you have been sent this email in error please forward it to address@hidden
and destroy the original.
Any opinions expressed within this email are those of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the opinion of altoHiway Ltd.
Any prices quoted in this email and any attachments are subject to VAT, valid
for 30 days and subject to altohiways standard Terms and Conditions of business.
E and OE.
service. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the
contents of this email are virus free.
altoHiway Ltd. accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the
contents of this email.