Mac + 6100 - USB Cable?

From: Amy Murphy
Subject: Mac + 6100 - USB Cable?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:09:24 +0100

Hello,

I am running Mac Powerbook running OSX 10.3 and have successfully compiled gnokii and xgnokii. I do not yet have a means to connect the phone, and I have two questions to answer before doing this:

1. With all the problems that people are reporting with the 6100 and gnokii, is it reasonable to try the gnokii+6100 combination - meaning what are the chances my phone will break?

2. I do not have an IRDA port and would rather use USB. My local stores sell the DKU-5 and CA-42, neither of which are stated to be supported on the gnokii web site. Will one of these cables work? If not, what should I do to make them work - since I don't have a serial port on my mac?

Thanks in advance for advice.

-Amy