Feature request/bug fix

From: Matthew Kay
Subject: Feature request/bug fix
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:17:32 +0100

Hiya,

First I just want to say thanks Bozo et al. for helping me out. I now
have the CVS version of gnokii working with the latest gnapplet.sis, and
the timeout disable works perfectly. Now gnapplet just runs all the time
on my phone.

A couple of things are still missing which bug me, though. I submit them
here in case somebody wants to fix them - sadly I'm not experienced
enough in this domain yet.

Firstly, when you do --getcalendarnote, the END time does not appear in
the output. This means that Evolution throws a slight error when you try
to import the file. For example, this output:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
SUMMARY:Assessment centre
DTSTART:20050421T103000
AALARM:20050421T082000
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

is great, but should have had the extra line
  DTEND:20050421T120000

Secondly, a feature request - I would really like to have access to the
birthday field in the Contact object, and to have it included in the
output from --getphonebook queries. You could make the raw output
something like
  50;0;YYYYMMDD
where the middle number would presumable always be 0 - noone has 2
birthdays! The VCF output could look something like
  BDAY:YYYY-MM-DD

For gnapplet, the Symbian tag is KUidContactFieldBirthday, I think.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in! I hope that
someone gets to look at these sometime. I added both of these requests
to bugzilla, hope that was the right thing to do.

Best wishes,
Matt