6310i, bluetooth, T42p on SUSE 9.2 does not work

From: Andreas Siegert
Subject: 6310i, bluetooth, T42p on SUSE 9.2 does not work
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:28:21 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to use a Nokia 6310i with an IBM T42p over bluetooth.
The System runs SuSE 9.2 with all latest patches applied.
The SuSE supplied wvdial command to set up PPP links works nicely
with the phone over bluetooth, so I know that that bluethooth is basically ok.

With gnokii I have no success so far:

My .gnokiirc (gnokii 0.6.3):

[global]
model = 6310i
initlength = default
port=00:60:xx.yy.zz.aa
connection = bluetooth
# connection=serial
# port=/dev/rfcomm0

[logging]
debug = on

When using bluetooth directly I get the following errors:

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.3
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6310i
port_device: 00:60:57:24:45:FD
connection_type: 5
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
Connecting
Serial device: opening device 00:60:57:24:45:FD
Couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Serial device: closing device

Using strace I dont even see it opening anything but libraries,
message files and the .gnokiirc file.

When switching to serial (see comments in .gnokiirc above) I get:
$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.3
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6310i
port_device: /dev/rfcomm0
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/rfcomm0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Serial write: transmitter busy, waiting
Serial write: transmitter ready

and that repeats for a while...

any ideas what is wrong?

thx
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 70                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831