Re: Nokia 3100 DKU-5 USB with gnokii -- update

From: Cameron Laird
Subject: Re: Nokia 3100 DKU-5 USB with gnokii -- update
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:44:02 +0000

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:56:43AM +0200, Diederick Huijbers wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> So thanx to the help of pkot I figured out how to connect
> the nokia 3100, DKU-5, Win xp. Use these settings (you only
> should change the com port.)
>
> [global]
> port = com4:
> model = 6510
> initlength = default
> connection = serial
> use_locking = no
> serial_baudrate = 19200
> smsc_timeout = 10
>
> [gnokiid]
> bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
>
> [connect_script]
> TELEPHONE = 12345678
> [disconnect_script]
>
> [logging]
> debug = on
> rlpdebug = off
> xdebug = off
                        .
                        .
                        .
1.  What's a typical latency for this sort of detail
    to appear in the distribution sources and documen-
    tation?
2.  I have the opportunity to work on an end-user
    application.  One of the requirements is that
    there be no "... to find the COM assignment,
    open Device Manager and ..."; it all has to be
    automatic.  I'm open to comment on whether to:
    a.  cycle through COM1, ..., COM20, and simply
        see which give me acceptable results;
    b.  dive into the Registry; or
    c.  do something else.
    In any case, would others like my result, once I
    finish it?