Serial write: write error 5 - nokia 7650

From: Piotr 'kwiateek' Kwiatkowski
Subject: Serial write: write error 5 - nokia 7650
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:16:08 +0200

Hi,

I am happy or unhappy user of nokia 7650 phone. I have already configured my
IrDA connection on my Compaq n600c laptop. I am using PLD Linux Distriution.

My IrDA works properly

address@hidden ~]# irdadump
(...)
10:59:06.677820 xid:rsp 195098ef < 30df806a S=6 s=3 Nokia 7650 hint=9225
[ PDA/Palmtop Modem Telephony IrCOMM IrOBEX ] (28)

I can send/receive data to/from phone.

I have installed gnokii-0.6.6 from distribution RPM. I have configured
my /etc/gnokiirc file:

port = /dev/ircomm0
model = series60
initlength = default
connection = irda
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
sm_retry = 1

I have copy and install gnapplet.sis file download from
http://gnokii.org/download/gnapplet/
Instalation gnapplet on Nokia 7650 was completed successfully but I cannot
find any shortcut in my phone menu to run this program. Only an entry in
Tools/Manager directory - 27 kB gnap.

When I enable Infrared on my phone and type:

address@hidden ~]# gnokii --monitor
GNOKII wersja 0.6.6
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: series60
port_device: /dev/ircomm0
connection_type: 4
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: on
Serial device: opening device /dev/ircomm0
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
Serial write: write error 5
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
Serial write: write error 5
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
Serial write: write error 5
SM_Block Retry - 1
Message sent: 0x01 / 0x0002
00 01                                           |
Serial write: write error 5

Failed initializing phone interface: Command timed out. Exiting.

Another problem is that I cannot run gnokii from standard user

I have got such errors:

Serial device: opening device /dev/ircomm0
Gnokii serial_open: open: Acces denied
Couldn't open GNBUS device: Acces denied
Error in link initialisation

Anyone can help me? Probably the problem is in my gnapplet.sis file. Thanks
for any suggestions.

--
Greetings,

Piotr Kwiatkowski