Re: Nokia 6630 and USB-Cable

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 6630 and USB-Cable
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:48:59 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 08:14:55AM +0200, Peter Schütt wrote:
> now I have an Nokia 6630 and I use Debian/Testing.
>
> I installed gnokii 0.6.7 and I can see my mobile.
>
> ~$ gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.6.7
> IMEI         : 355677002286421
> Manufacturer : Nokia
> Model        : Nokia 6630
> Revision     : V 3.0436v32
>
> But when I cannot use other commands.
>
> ~$ gnokii --getphonebook ME 1
> GNOKII Version 0.6.7
> Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!

I think you're using the AT driver. Have you read Docs/README-Symbian?

> I try to start gnapplet on my handy.
> When I start it directly from the menu, it stops directly.
> When I start it from a freeware file manager then I saw a console.

Seems strange. Someone reported the same problem some months ago, but
I haven't managed to solve it yet. Is there any error message or it
just start and exit immediatly?

Please enable debugging (as Pawel said in one of his mail) and send us
the debug output.

Bye,
Bozo