Re: Phonebook behaviour question

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Phonebook behaviour question
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:53:31 +0200

Hi Bastien,

2005/8/2, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 00:06 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > Hi Bastien,
> >
> > 2005/8/1, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>:
> > > When saving phonebook entries, the phone can only fit one phone
> > > number/e-mail per SIM or memory entry.
> > > So when adding phone entries, I add the first one at the place that
> > > gnokii or the vCard recommends. For the second one, I add it to the
> > > first free entry on the memory.
> >
> > Under the same name? Or under what name?
>
> Under the same name, this would be the same gn_phonebook_entry
> structure.

But probably you need to mark the number in some way?

> > > The phone will then collapse those if necessary depending on whether a
> > > number if the primary one or not, and using the name in the phone entry
> > > as the key.
> >
> > How will the phone know whether it is a primary number or not? How
> > will it appear in the phone?
>
> The Motorola uses the extended "AT+MPBW" command, and one can include
> whether the number is the primary one or not. Same thing for reading,
> the result of "AT+MPBR" includes whether the phone number is the
> primary.

Ah, that's fine. The best option would be to check whether the phone
supports extendend or standard command. If the standard, just the
primary number would be saved, if extended -- all of them.

> Not really, I'm talking about giving back something to the user that
> usable even for backup, or general reading.

OK. Got it.

> Or the better:
> ---8<---
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:3.0
> FN:Zzzzn ostrich
> TEL;VOICE:07777595959
> X_GSM_STORE_AT:ME67
> X_GSM_CALLERGROUP:5
> TEL;PREF:07777595959
> TEL;HOME:+441483222666
> END:VCARD
> ---8<---

This version is fine with me. So I belive you are able to get all
details within one AT command, right?

take care,
pkot
--