file operations

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: file operations
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:55:42 +0200

Hi,

Currently gnokii uses 6 octet wide field for the file id. In fact this
seem not to be used anywhere, just being read. My questions is: why is
it exaclty six octets? Are you sure it is 6 octets? After reviewing
(and almost implementing) id-based file operations for Nokia 6610i it
seems that either id is 2 octets or its size may vary. Can you provide
few frames when the id is used? I'd like to finish the file support
really soon.

Ed,

It will mean that for different phones, gnokiifs needs to call
different functions. Not sure how to do it in most flexible way.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot