Re: Nokia 6100&DKU-5 USB cable,is it may work in Linux?

From: BOBBY
Subject: Re: Nokia 6100&DKU-5 USB cable,is it may work in Linux?
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 05:23:02 +0100 (BST)

hi koss,
according to my experience, nokia 6100 and DKU-5 cable
with pl2303 driver for linux is not working with
gnokii. i also tried to use it but use less. similarly
i bought the serial cable for it but again useless.
The only serial cable which works with it is dau9p i
think which is no longer available at nokia site. So,
according to my experience, don't waist time on it. I
tried nokia 6670 + dku-2 cable which is easily
configurable on linux. Even fedora core 3 with 2.6.x
kernel automatically detects nokia 6670 at boot time.
So, if u can purchase that one then its fine and
gnokii will be configured in less than 5 min.

Bobby (Naveed)