Re: gnapplet & n-gage

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: gnapplet & n-gage
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:00:01 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 04:34:56PM +0200, Peppe wrote:
> > Try to disable IrCOMM support. You have to edit gnapplet.ini on your
> > phone (you can use a file manager, p3nfsd, etc). You have to set
> > "irda_support = 0" in the ini file.
>
> OK, now it works, but xgnokii doesn't work very much. When I try to read
> phonebook:
>
> Fallito evento 0 con codice 17!
> xgnokii: gnapplet.c:724: gnapplet_incoming_phonebook: Asserzione `n < 10'
> fallita.
> Abortito

common/phones/gnapplet.c line 724 contains the following:

    assert(n < GN_PHONEBOOK_SUBENTRIES_MAX_NUMBER);

It seems your phonebook contains an entry which contains more than 10
subentries. If you increase the limit (GN_PHONEBOOK_SUBENTRIES_MAX_NUMBER
define in include/gnokii/common.h) and recompile everything it has to
work. Please let us know it works or not.

> I read the readme.symbian, so I think messages aren't handled yet, but
> phonebook should work, shouldn't it?

Yes, phonebook handling must to work.

Bye,
Bozo