OT: which phone/plan to get

From: Chad Phillips
Subject: OT: which phone/plan to get
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:23:59 -0500

This is a little off topic. I have a project where I would like to have solar powered webcam on some property I own. My linux PC would upload the features over a cell phone. I was thinking about get T-Mobile internet, with the Nokia 6010. The tmobile website says the 6010 can't work with the internet service and that the internet service only works with a GPRS pcmcia card. The tmobile staff is pretty clueless too.

Anyone know if this setup would work? I don't want to get stuck in a year long contract if it doesn't.

thanks
chad