Re: Nokia 3120 and CA-42 cable

From: Bob Dodds
Subject: Re: Nokia 3120 and CA-42 cable
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:06:13 -0500

Przemyslaw Wasilko wrote:
Hi,

06-01-06, Przemyslaw Wasilko <address@hidden>  napisaƂ(a):
I can't connect to me nokia 3120 with orginall  nokia cable CA-42.
I read all post on forum how to set connection but  without success.

And what you already tried? What were the failure messages?

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/

I already tried:
model =6110
or
model =6210
or
model =6310
and cable dlr3p

this is the message:
GNOKII Version 0.6.10
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: 6310
port_device: com35:
connection_type: 2
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 115200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device com35:
Couldn't open FBUS device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device com35:
Couldn't open FBUS device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Serial device: closing device

In my windows I've got installed:
-Modems:Nokia CA-42 GSM USB on Port 35
-Wireless Communication Devices:  Nokia CA-42 USB Parent

And there is an application 'Connection Manager'

Kind Regards,
Przemek
> You need pl2303 instead of cdc_acm I think.
>
> take care,
> pkot
> --
> Pawel Kot
> http://www.gnokii.org/

Right. Bottom of kernel mod pl2303.h, "Nokia CA-42 Cable".
Thanks. I never would have guessed where to look.

/*
* Prolific PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver header file
*

/* Nokia CA-42 Cable */
#define NOKIA_CA42_VENDOR_ID 0x078b
#define NOKIA_CA42_PRODUCT_ID 0x1234