Nokia 6111

From: Fredrik Ståhl
Subject: Nokia 6111
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:36:12 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to get gnokii working with my Nokia 6111 via IrDA. I've made
the following settings in </etc/gnokiirc>:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = AT
initlength = default
connection = irda

and 'gnokii --identify' then gives

GNOKII Version 0.6.8
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: AT
port_device: /dev/ttyS1
connection_type: 4
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS1
Gnokii serial_opendevice: tcflush: Invalid argument
Couldn't open ATBUS device: Invalid argument
AT bus initialization failed (1)
Initialization failed (1)
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.

I'm not sure where the problem is. IrDA should be working since I see
the phone in irdadump and /proc/net/irda/discovery. Also, IrDA and
multisync used to work with my old Siemens S65. Anyone got any hints?

/Fredrik Ståhl, Sweden