Re: Nokia 6125 support

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6125 support
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:55:18 +0200

Hi,

On 10/4/06, Dimitris Mandalidis <address@hidden> wrote:
I 've managed to connect my Nokia 6125 [1] to my PC using gnokii-0.6.14-cvs
and a usb bluetooth dongle (model = series40). Since the only purpose of this
connection is address book syncing, I ran into the problem of unhandled
messages/frames see attachment named 'nokia_monitor_cvs.txt.bz2'.

The unknown frame is the answer for the request for information about
the call status. We still don't know the meaning of the frame. You
could do some more tests while call is in progress or someone is
calling or you are dialling and compare the result to what I got now.

Furthermore, I added a contact in my phone book filling in all the fields,
from PTT username to birthday and tried to fetch the contact from pc and I
saw that several entry types are unsupported. I suspect that I know
the way to find which subentry type correspond to each octet and probably I
have to edit common/nokia-decoding.c and include/gnokii/common.h and the
respective GN_PHONE_ENTRY_*. As I am a new gnokii user and I don't know
much about the underlying Nokia protocols, I 'd like to contribute to the
code adding at least these subentry types and I 'd like to help with code
writing to support Nokia 6125. What should I do?

What you are doing right now is a good way to extend libgnokii with
these fields. Just keep in mind that not all phones support it and you
should not break it.

take care,
pkot
--