XML for output

From: Dimitris Mandalidis
Subject: XML for output
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:28:57 +0300

Hello all,
I 've been thinking and now I 'm coming to suggest that XML might be the
first case of gnokii user output (especially for phone book entries). I
believe with the use of XML gnokii would be able to :

* Implement a DTD to use and be used with various applications which want
  to support gnokii (easily and conveniently).
* Use XSLT to convert to any format such as LDIF, vCard, raw, HTML, LaTeX
  etc and distinguish the use of hand-made parsers and perl scripts as
  format-specific converters. (with the use of libxml2)

I think I might be able to do this, please tell me what you thing about it
so I can start :)

Cheers,
D.

PGP key 39A40276 at wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
key fingeprint: 9A0B 61C6 B826 4B73 69BB  972B C5E7 A153 39A4 0276