Nokia 6126 with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

From: Hal Eisen
Subject: Nokia 6126 with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:56:00 -0700

I just received an unlocked Nokia 6126.  I've been trying to connect to
it using Gnokii, but without any success.  I can pair with the phone
using hcitool, so I know that my BlueZ kernel modules are working, and
that my USB bluetooth dongle (D-Link DBT-120) are working.

My .gnokiirc contains:

        [global]
        port = 00:11:22:33:44:55
        model = series40
        connection = bluetooth
        use_locking = no
        rfcomm_channel = 14

and I've tried a variety of rfcomm_channel settings (0, 1, etc).  I've
tried using the correct model number in the model setting, as well as
6110 which I suspect is the closest model number to my phone.

I'm running gnokii version 0.6.12.

When I try to connect, gnokii shows:

        GNOKII Version 0.6.12
        LOG: debug mask is 0x1
        LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1
        phone instance config:
        model: series40
        port_device: 00:11:22:33:44:55
        connection_type: 5
        init_length: 0
        serial_baudrate: 19200
        serial_write_usleep: -1
        hardware_handshake: 0
        require_dcd: 0
        smsc_timeout: 100
        connect_script:
        disconnect_script:
        rfcomm_cn: 14
        sm_retry: off
        Telephone interface init failed: Model specified isn't
        known/supported.
        Quitting.
        Sorry, phone has not yet been converted to new style.
        Phone.Functions == NULL!

Any and all help would be most welcome!

Thanks,
Hal