Nokia 3100 USB CA-42

From: BORGULYA Gábor
Subject: Nokia 3100 USB CA-42
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:01:28 +0200

Dear List,

    After a couple of hours of trying various settings, googleing and posting
a question to the Hungarian Linux users' mailing list I turn to you with my
question. I can not make my Nokia 3100 acessible with the CA-42 USB cable I
bought. It is not a hardware error because under Windows the phone is
accessible with the program given together with the cable.
    Google showed a few reports of successes with 3100 and partial .gnokiirc
s, but I did not suceed. Could someone send a working .gnokiirc?

    I made the following steps:
- "usbserial" kernel module: menuconfig, make modules, modules_install.
- modprobe successful
- lsusb shows the phone
- dmesg reports the following:

usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-2: default language 0x0409
usb 1-2: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-2: Product: USB-UART Controller
usb 1-2: Manufacturer: ArkMicroChips
usb 1-2: hotplug
usb 1-2: adding 1-2:1.0 (config #1, interface 0)
usb 1-2:1.0: hotplug
usbserial_generic 1-2:1.0: usb_probe_interface
usbserial_generic 1-2:1.0: usb_probe_interface - got id

However gnokii sais:

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.

Any ideas?

Gábor