Re: Phone Compatibility

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Phone Compatibility
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:01:17 +0200

Michael Truong wrote:

I’m a new user to Gnokii, which I was trying to find phone to test with, but noticing that all phone described on the web site are quite old and hard to get. So I would like to know whether the following phone are compatible with any of the Gnokii drivers:

- Nokia 6131

- Nokia 6300

- Nokia 5300

- Nokia 5500

- Motorola K1

All known supported models are in the Wiki at http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Config.

Since the project is not supported or endorsed by Nokia, the developers do not get the latest models automatically. There are not that many persons involved and quite a few new models are published yearly and not all models are available globally, so it will take a while for the information to spread and lists to be updated.

However, there are not that many protocols in use, so with a high probability all Nokias you listed are supported. If any of them is a Series60 phone (up to 2nd edition) they will work with the Symbian driver. Series60 3rd edition is currently unsupported.

Regards,
Jari Turkia