Re: Nokia Series 40 comunication protocol

From: The Nux
Subject: Re: Nokia Series 40 comunication protocol
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:24:07 +0200

On 5/21/07, Baurzhan Ismagulov <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Rémy,

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 10:17:18PM +0200, The Nux wrote:
> I'm trying to write an application (in Java) that tries to talk with a Nokia
> 3100 through a DKU-5 cable. Do you know where I could find documentation
> about the communication protocol it uses ?
> I tried to read gnokii sourcecode, but I'm neither familiar with C nor with
> gnokii...

Sniffing the traffic and reading sources is always an option.

However, if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time. Instead, I would try
to use the gnokii libraries over JNI (putting aside the fact that I
wouldn't do that in Java :) , but this is another story). Maybe you
spend more time (which I doubt), but you get support for all devices
supported by gnokii.

Well, why not. Then where could I find documentation about gnokii sourcecode ?

Of course, you should check the licensing.

Licensing of what ? If you're talking about gnokii, I have no problem with GPL ^^

With kind regards,

Thanks,
Rémy