Re: xgnokii crashes when reading sms

From: Salvador Queralt Redon
Subject: Re: xgnokii crashes when reading sms
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 00:45:42 +0200

Thanks for your answer. I already got the latest version (0.6.16) and the error
is still there. Unfortunately my xgnokii says "stripped":

/usr/bin/gnokii: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

and when I try to recompile (with sudo make && make install) it has no effect
on it. If I run it in gdm:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.16
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..rfcomm2 is stale. Overriding it..
IMEI         : 359791008074495
Manufacturer : SHARP Corporation
Model        : GX Series
Product name : GX Series
Revision     : Revision: (Date: Ap

Program exited normally.
(gdb) backtrace
No stack.
(gdb)

Which is normal, because my "core dumped" message appears only when I mark the
option "activate SMS reading", and never before...