Nokia 1112

From: Henko Gouws
Subject: Nokia 1112
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:19:17 +0200

Hi

I am new with Gnokii and I have the Nokia 1112 with a CA-45 cable.

It seems that the Nokia 1112 is not listed as being tested for Gnokii compatibility.

Two different products called Logomanager Pro and Mobius phone seemed to confirm that it could at least identify the device as a Nokia 1112 and that it uses F-bus.  The CA-45 cable seems to be an F-bus serial port umulated over the USB interface.

I captured the ascii and hex data that the PC sends to the phone but because I used a serial terminal program to capture the code I could not see what the phone normally replies.

It seems that 0x55 ('U') is sent 32 times - probably to sync the Nokia 1112 to the computer.  Then the sequence 0xD1, 0x60, 0x72, 0xD5, 0xD1, 0x60, 0x6E, 0xD5 is sent.  This cycle is repeated I assume because the phone does not respond and the progam retries all the time.

Has anybody interfaced the fbus for the Nokia 1112 or Nokia 1110i or 1600 to anything successfully before?  It seems that these phones might be using the FBUS version 3 protocol.  I just want to send automated sms.  If someone has then I would really appreciate if they could help me.

thank you

regards