Re: debug mode

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: debug mode
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:44:46 +0200

Hi again,

On Jul/19/2007, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> But gnokii was complaining with "yes is not a valid option, write 'yes'
> or 'no'" (aprox.)
>
> I just changed "off" and "on" in common/cfgreader.c by "yes" and "no".

ops, be careful, this will break some documentation:
pinux:/home/carles/gnokii/gnokii# rgrep -E -i "debug* =* on" * 2>
/dev/null
ChangeLog:    o print some messages only when xdebug = on     (Daniele
Forsi)
ChangeLog:      notes only when debug = on                    (Daniele
Forsi)
Docs/FAQ:   debug = on
Docs/man/xgnokii.1x:Various error messages are printed to STDERR when
xdebug = on is set in gnokiirc
Docs/Bugs:    debug = on
Docs/sample/gnokiirc:debug = on
win32/MSVS2005/gnokiirc:debug = on
pinux:/home/carles/gnokii/gnokii#

what we want, yes|no or on|off?
I common/cfgreader.c there is only two boolean options: use_locking (yes
and no) and logging. There isn't options with "on|off", i think.

If you want to change from on|off in code to yes|no, we should change to
FAQ, etc.

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info       Manresa - Barcelona