well supported models ?

From: address@hidden
Subject: well supported models ?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:12:47 +0200

I'm looking for some way to send SMS from Linux, i might send few thousands sms per month.
I found some gnokii page that said:
http://www.de-brauwer.be/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Nokia3510
"The _first thing_ that I notice is that communicating with the phone goes _extremely slow_."

Was communicating with phone "extremely slow" because of that particular model ?
Any suggestion on a well supported, non slow gsm ?
( i just planned to buy some cheap gsm for my computer only, sms-ing only, not sure if it does matter if it has grps, edge, or 3g...... sms's use way less data than mms/images/video )

Thank You