nokia 3110 - can't get SMS

From: Michal Merta
Subject: nokia 3110 - can't get SMS
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:53:21 +0100

Hello,

I'm not sure if it was discussed already, but I didn't find anything related.
I have Nokia 3110 classic, connected with 64bit CentOS using DKE-2 cable.
My config file (actually the only one which works)

[global]
port=/dev/ttyACM0
model = AT-HW
connection = serial

I'm able to send SMS using:
echo "SMS test" | gnokii --sendsms 111111111
but I can't get any SMS from the phone itself.

Error:

Received message type 00
GetSMS ME 1 failed! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!)
Serial device: closing device

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or this feature is not implemented so far?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Regards, Michal