Nokia not detected by gnokii 0.6.18. Error: Switching to FBUS mode

From: Chris Henderson
Subject: Nokia not detected by gnokii 0.6.18. Error: Switching to FBUS mode
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:36:36 +1100

I have a Nokia 6310 phone that I have connected to the serial port of
an x86 machine running gnokii 0.6.18 on Linux. But it seems like
gnokii is not identifying the phone; "gnokii --identify" sits there at
the "Switching to FBUS mode" mode until I terminate the process (^c).
Full output of "gnokii --identify" is following.

The same phone is connected to the serial port of a Solaris 9 server
(Sparc CPU) which is running gnokii 0.6.4 and it's been working fine.

Please note that I got the phone's model number from the .gnokiirc
file on the Solaris machine where it says "model = 6310". The x86
computer has only one serial port. gnokii 0.6.18 on Linux was
installed via RPM.

Thanks for any help.

output of "gnokii --identify" on Linux:

GNOKII Version 0.6.18
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 is stale. Overriding it..
phone instance config:
model: 6510
port_device: /dev/ttyS0
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Serial device: closing device
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyS0
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to high
Serial device: setting speed to 19200
Switching to FBUS mode