capturing keypress/release events using F-BUS

From: Rohit Chaudhri
Subject: capturing keypress/release events using F-BUS
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:42:41 +0530

Hi,
I need to capture/record the keys pressed on low-tier phones like the Nokia 1100 and 1200. This cannot be done by writing software that runs on the phone itself, since these phones do not have any programming APIs like Java, python etc.
So in this context I have now started to look at FBUS and gnokii. Reading through some of the documentation under Docs/protocol, I found that there is a way to emulate key presses i.e. send key strokes into the phone from an external PC or micro-controller.
However, it is not clear to me, if doing the reverse is possible, i.e. if its possible to transmit out key press/key release events from the phone to an external processor over FBUS?
Could someone please tell me if doing this would be possible with FBUS & gnokii, and if so, how it can be done?
My apologies in advance if a similar topic has already been discussed on this mailing list, but I couldn't find a related discussion when I searched the archives.

Thanks,

--
वन्दे मातरम्
(Vande' Mataram)