Re: Writephonebook and Nokia 3120 classic

From: jet22
Subject: Re: Writephonebook and Nokia 3120 classic
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!. I also have a nokia 3120 classic. In my configuration file I used:
model=AT (the only option that worked)
port=/dev/ttyACM0 (using CA101 cable)
then, tested with:
address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.28
IMEI         : 3564xxxxxxxxxxxx
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia 3120 classic
Product name : Nokia 3120 classic
Revision     : V 09.46
Also succeeded sending sms. But failed when trying to receive sms:
address@hidden:~$ /usr/sbin/smsd -u root -d smsgw -c localhost -m mysql -b
ME -f /var/log/smsdaemon.log
smsd - version 1.4.4 from gnokii 0.6.28
lowlevel.c:454 error: 8, Unknown error - well better than nothing!!
or when using xgnokii (can't read even the messages on the phone).

I would like to know what configuration did you use with yours if you don't
mind, and any other suggestion you could have.

Thanks a lot!