Re: Auto redial

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Auto redial
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:17:22 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:35, Nicolas Vermeersch
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> there is particular phone number that's only 'open' 4 hours a month to make
> a reservation. There are hundreds of people who want to make a reservation,
> so as a result the line is almost always busy. My current method is just
> manually redialing the number over and over again. In about 9/10 cases you
> can't make a connection, and in 1/10 you hear the busy signal.
>
> I know some cell phones have an auto redial function, but that doesn't work
> to well. It only works when you have a busy signal, not when you can't make
> a connection + it's way too slow.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to auto redial with multiple cell phones? My
> plan was to use Gnokii to connect about 5 cell phones, and use -makevoice to
> dial the number. I would repeat this about every 10 seconds with 5 cell
> phones, so an attempt is made about every 2 seconds. How do I put this in
> practice? Is Gnokii able to manage multiple cell phones at once, and can I
> just use --makevoice for my plan?

Depends on what functionality would you expect from the solution.
Please see Daniele's hints about the voice reception. However if you
expect to use the actual handset to speak and gnokii just to dial,
that would work. However you'd need to write a short program based on
libgnokii. If you look at Daniele's waitcall that would be similiar
one. --makevoice will not redial automatically.

Yes, gnokii can handle multiple phones in parallel, given that you
would run multiple gnokii instances using different [phone] sections
from the config.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot