Re: Use Gnokii to as cellphone voice mail

From: Andres Montiel, CUA
Subject: Re: Use Gnokii to as cellphone voice mail
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:33:13 +0800

Thanks for the tips. I'll look at the software you mentioned.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
2011/1/26 Pawel Kot:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:30, Andres Montiel, CUA <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I was thinking that perhaps when Gnokii answers the call, another software
>> could record the incoming audio stream?
>
> Right. This is possible. You would need to either script gnokii or
> hack around the sources to fire up recording on pick up.

with waitcall[1] you can answer an incoming call but if the phone
doesn't support voice mode (AT+FCLASS=8) and the vast majority don't,
then IMO it's not the right device for the job and you must use
Bluetooth [2] or hack a cable to connect to a sound card (IIRC
somebody did this for use this with asterisk)

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii/gnokii-extras.git/tree/snippets/monitor
[2] http://nohands.sourceforge.net
--
Daniele Forsi