Re: [SCM] libgnokii and core programs branch, master, updated. rel_0_6_2

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [SCM] libgnokii and core programs branch, master, updated. rel_0_6_29-328-gb17203e
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:40:15 +0100

[moved from gnokii-commit to gnokii-users]
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:32, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> speaking of autodetection, it may happen that there are no SMS in SM
> so we could try to read from templates or from drafts but that would
> go in a more generic autodetection phase, not in the part of code we
> changed now

Right. So probably together with the initialization phase we could
have some kind of 'feature autodetection'. We would run number of
AT+XXX? commands at that time. For nk drivers that would just probably
mean that we need to identify the s40 version and based on this,
select proper version of the features. We could send number of queries
for that as well (like to figure out which fields are present in the
phonebook).

take care,
--
Pawel Kot