Re: gnokii Wiki spam

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: gnokii Wiki spam
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:10:39 +0300

On 11.10.2013 17:44, David Boddie wrote:
It seems that write access has been disabled because of spam. You might also
want to disable account creation, too, because there seems to be a stream of
new accounts being created:
Thanks for the info. I don't have admin-access to wiki, but I run the hosting-box for the wiki.

There is a re-captcha for the new user creation and it is functional, I just tested it. When the wiki was transferred to my box, there was a brief period when re-captcha was malfunctioning due to my configuration error, but it is not the case now. What I'll do is upgrade the Mediawiki and the plugins to latest versions. Hope that helps some.

Perhaps somebody is Mechanical Turking the captcha word matching? The volume is reasonable low, so that it could be due to manual work.

Regards,
Jari Turkia