devices: pass gn_config to open and following devices: *: use instance d

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: devices: pass gn_config to open and following devices: *: use instance data commits
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:55:40 +0100

Hi Ladis,

I'm in the process of pulling patches from you to the mainline. I think I got most of them already read, understood, and committed (will push them to my GitHub repo any time soon - will need to figure out how to push them to the official repo easily). However, a couple of questions popped up (raising them in separate emails).

I can see that you are getting rid of gn_statemachine as a parameter to device drivers. What is the reason for this? I think we have this rather convenient and universal method of passing gn_statemachine as a context (agree that device drivers interface could be simplified though).

Also, why do you move logic between usbfbus_find_interfaces() and fbusdku2sub_open()?

Cheers,
--
Pawel Kot