[Gnu-arch-users] change to email list handling and merge-fest

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] change to email list handling and merge-fest
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

I have set the Reply-to: mangling on gnu-arch-users to
say "Reply-to: address@hidden".

No, not really.

What I really did was change the bug tracker so that automatic
notifications go to bug-arch-users rather than gnu-arch-users.

I did that because I'm starting the big "merge fest" now so there will
be an unusually high volume of bug-db traffic for several days.   I'll
try to remember to post occasional abrowse output here about that.

I _might_ add gnu-arch-users back to the bug-db notifier after the
next release.  Although the format of the mail is a little unfriendly,
I think that (except during high-volume periods of time) it's a handy
way to inform users about what patches have become available.  (I've
noticed on the list and on #irc that a few users, at least, tend to
pick up fixes eagerly when I fall behind on merging and getting
releases out....)