[Gnu-arch-users] minor patch-log file format questions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] minor patch-log file format questions
Date: 21 Aug 2003 08:28:08 +0900

(1) Why are empty headers included?  Besides the obvious space wastage,
    it makes logs harder to read.  I don't think it makes automatic
    parsing any easier.

(2) If you use commit's -L option, why is the single description line
    repeated twice, once in the Summary: line, and once in the log body?
    I think it should just be in the summary line (with the log body
    either being empty, or containing the merge record stuff).

(3) Why are there two date headers?  I think the ISO-ish format date is
    nicer, but why not just put that in the Date: header, and drop the
    Standard-date: header?k

Thanks,

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff